Sunday, March 3, 2013

MUA Makeup Academy Neutral Palettes Review

This is a MUA Makeup Academy Undress Me Too Palette review and Heaven and Earth Palette Review.

While I was going through my Neutral Palette Obsession, I came across MUA Makeup Academy, a UK beauty company. I was a bit nervous about the shipping based on several posts of people saying they haven't received their products, on their MUA facebook page. But I didn't have any problems! My makeup showed up in 10 days (to Canada). It was bubble wrapped in an envelope and came in tact.

I was really curious to try out their neutral palettes because I knew it was drug store quality but based on people's blog reviews, it was well pigmented. However, I couldn't find any blog posts with people who had tanned skinned like me! My concern was that some of these colours might now show on my skin colour. As expected, some of the lighter colours don't show as well but I can use them as a highlight. I also like to blend different colours together.

The quality is what I expect for a drug store product. I wear Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath my shadows since I have oily lids and these crease after 6 hours. BUT, when I touch it up, blot up the oil, and have a good primer foundation, it lasts me a good 10-12 hours. I do really like the colours and when I do have the extra few minutes to put on eyeshadow for work, I find myself reaching for these palettes.

Pros
- a solid variety of neutral colours
- affordable
- decent longevity

Cons
-some of the lighter colours don't show up well on tanned skin
- international shipping is £7.50 but still quite afford compared to other beauty products

Would I recommend them? Yes! Which one do I recommend? They're similar but different. However, Heaven and Earth had more shades that don't show up well on my skin. That being said, I still like them both equally.


Undress Me Too Eyeshadow Palette


Heaven and Earth Palette

No comments:

Post a Comment