Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Neutral Palette Obsession

While studying, I stumbled across a makeup blog sale selling the Urban Decay NAKED palette. That deal didn't work out but it re-lit my obsession to find a neutral palette.


The palette is $50 USD or $60 here in Canada at Sephora. I've been sitting on the fence for years about this palette but just couldn't justify spending that much on something on colours that I probably already have. All the people I know who have it, like/love it. It's a nice size for travelling. It has colours for day or night looks and I know I would use the majority of the palette. My cousin was heading down to the states and asked me if I wanted her to pick up the palette for me. I sat in a pool of indecisiveness and finally declined her offer.


Then I came across this palette on Sephora. It's priced at $36 USD or $45 CAD. There aren't as many colours as NAKED but I would use all the colours in the palette and I don't think I have half of these colours in my eyeshadow collection.


I spotted this Dior gem on 15 Steps, Then a Beauty Blog. It was only $40! For Dior! And comes with the Diorshow mascara. But I couldn't find it on any Canadian websites and it looks like they discontinued it :(

Chai Latte, Mocha Motion, Sunlight Bronze

I thought to myself, I could just build my own collection by using the Maybelline quads. I really like the Natural Smokes Palette I have now so I could add to it. And I think theses are around $6. 

I had spent hours and hours on the computer trolling websites, blogs, and youtube looking at various palettes. I have become obsessed. 

Then.... I came across this brand called MUA Makeup Academy. I've never heard of it. It's a UK beauty company. I imagine it akin to E.L.F. cosmetics. But according to the reviews I read online, apparently it's really good! Similar to Sleek makeup (another UK beauty company) I reckon. 



They seem to be dupes of the Urban Decay Naked palettes. Based on the reviews I read online, they are well pigmented. And they are only £4 each! I sent the links to my friend because I couldn't decide which one to get. They are both fairly similar but different at the same time. Additionally, shipping to Canada was £7.50 which is almost twice the amount of one palette. Regardless, if you added it up, it'd still be way cheaper than the palettes I posted above. My friend suggested I wait it out and see if a deal comes up. At 3am, I couldn't help myself. I bought both palettes. With shipping, it ended up coming to $24 USD. 

Makeup is my drug.  

2 comments:

  1. Omg that is so cheap lol. I bought my naked palette in early Jan and I've only used it.... three times :( I don't know how to put eyeshadow on nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you put on eyeliner! You can learn from youtube!

      Delete