Friday, January 18, 2013

Nursing and Other Stuff (9/365)

1. Dying Nurse teaches Students about end of life care- my friend shared this story with me and it really resonated with me. During my job interview, they asked me how much experience I had with palliative patients. Honestly, very little. There was one patient who made a lasting impact on me. He was in acute care and wasn't doing very well. He broached the topic of his readiness to move on. Intuitively, I knew he wanted to talk about it. But it was a scary unfamiliar territory for me. I didn't know what to say. So instead, I listened. Even in the article, she mentions the significance of letting patients talk. Anyway, kind of went off on a tangent there, but the article reminded me of that.

2. Running with Needles- A blogger is trying to write a book based off her nursing student blog. I enjoyed the first few pages of the book that she is trying to publish.

3.Yes, there is a place for Lance Armstrong- As you know... kind of hard to miss it, Lance Armstrong confessed to doping. Here is one man's opinion on why he thinks Armstrong still makes an impact.

4. Bring Your Parents to a Job Interview- Pretty sad how babied some adults are.

5. A Verizon's guy outsources his job to China- Very smart or very stupid?

6. We Never Thought We Could Get HIV- UK's initiative for HIV awareness

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you comment about my book! And congratulations on the nursing job! :)

    ReplyDelete