Sunday, January 20, 2013

I Hate Math (11/365)

Ok. I was at Sport Chek the other day. I was exchanging something and buying mittens. When the guy rings it through, he says something like "Since you're using your SPC card, if you spend $7 more, then you spend $100 and you get $10 off with the SPC deal. Right now, you have $93. So if you spend $50 or more, you get $5 off. If you spend $7 now, then you save $3 and it's like you're getting something for free." And I'm thinking to myself, this is too many effing numbers and I couldn't figure out where that free part came in. Anyway, I didn't spend an extra $7. After he rang up and exchanged everything, I had to pay $10 extra. 
Why did he make it so convoluted. He should've just said "Right now you'd be paying $10 for your bill. But if you spend $7 more, then you get the $10 off discount and save $3." wtf. My bf said to just stop obsessing over it.  
Hot pink + black = perfect

I went out for breakfast with my high school friends. One of them found this hole in the wall cafe that I didn't even know existed. It's a few minutes walk from Royal Oak Station and it's called Jules Cafe at Royal Oak and Rumble. Affordable meals (less than $10). Delicious. Great atmosphere. Despite the fact we stuck around for 2 hours and it's quite small, they didn't kick us out or pressure us to leave. It was great catching up with them. Can't believe we've been friends for over 10 years :) 


1 comment: