Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Casual Curls Hair Curling Tutorial

I tried out my Pro Beauty Tools 1 1/2 inch curling iron today and decided to do a tutorial on how I curl my hair. I like my new curling iron! It gets hot. There's a swivelling cord which helps to avoid the cord from getting tangled. The only thing with it is it doesn't hold my curl as well as my Cricket curling iron. But still gets the job done. Can't complain for $20 :)


Casual curls

1. I prep my hair with heat protectant and a serum. Tresemme Heat Tamer Protective Spray all over and Chi Silk Infusion at the ends. 


2. I put my hair half up and start with the bottom half. 


Correct method
Very important! Make sure hair is wrapped around the curling iron and not the clamp! If you start with wrapping the hair over the clamp, you'll get a dent in your hair. 



3. I like to curl outward. For the right side, with the clamp facing away from me, I clamp on the end of the section of hair and wrap clockwise towards my head. I have my iron set at medium and hold it for about 15 seconds. If I want tighter curls, I hold it for longer. 


4. For the left side, I start with the clamp facing towards me, and turn counterclockwise. I also curl my hair starting from the middle of the strand if I want the curl higher up on my head (as above). 


5. I twist the curl afterwards with my finger. Other times, I use curlers to hold the curl in place. Continue curling for the rest of the head. I tend to go from back to front. 

6. C'est finis. I hate the feel of product in my hair so I don't use hairspray. On rare occasion, I use hair wax to hold the curls in place. Sometimes I flip my head and run my fingers through my hair for some body. The whole process took me about 15 minutes or so. 





If this tutorial was entirely useless, you should watch PurseBuzz's video below. This is the youtube tutorial I watched years ago to teach myself. 


2 comments:

  1. Love how your curls have some oomph to them thanks to the product! Super pretty!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this is too intense. I need to gather the strength one day to attempt curling my hair!

    ReplyDelete