Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Insanity, Diet, and Knitting

I decided to do the Insanity workout. Not sure if I'm going to start a new blog about it. I think I might because I like googling it and seeing other people's experiences. A classmate from high school started the same day as me so we've been messaging back and forth about it. I also met a few people off Twitter who have done it as well. The internet is amazing I swear. Anyway, it's the 2nd day and my legs are extremely sore. The plyometric cardio circuit was supposed to be a 40 min workout and it turned out to be over an hour for me with all my breaks. The people were like jackrabbits on the screen. They were so fast. While they were on their 6th rep with one of the exercises, I was struggling to finish my 3rd. It was a bit disheartening. I did finish the whole dvd though. I know I've been only working out a month, but I definitely would not have survived Insanity had I just rolled out of my couch potato lifestyle and did it.

I lost my tape measure (hah.. I thought it was called a tape measurer till my best friend corrected me) so I can't officially measure my results. I did measure my calves a few days ago and they did increase by 1/4inch. My stomach looks flatter. Exciting.

The other day, a girl tweeted this image which basically states "Fitness is not 40% gym and 60% diet (or any other percentage). It's 100% to the gym and your diet." I don't know if it's just me but I don't like diets. I've tried them for years and I just abandoned that train for good. I love food. I eat what I want, when I want. Although sometimes I go off the deep end and do something like eat ice cream or a whole bag of cheesies (my weakness) for a meal. But I do have my healthy moments too like when I drink my fruit/veggie smoothies for breakfast. I could probably see better results if I eat clean, but I'm not that type of person. I really like JCD fitness's article called Clean Eating is a Scam and Why You Should Abandon It. Eating clean may work for some, but it doesn't for me. I'm not aiming to lose weight. I try to balance. A long time ago, while I was in the depths of my poor relationship with food, I made the resolution that I was going to enjoy food again. Humans need to eat to survive. I shouldn't be scared and anxious to eat. And now many years later, I'm living by the mantra that food is a pleasure.

Girls night out. I had a fruit smoothie instead of a Bellini due to my low tolerance for alcohol.


And while doing my new hobby of working out, I knitted an emerald green scarf.

Can you spy my poster in the background? I bought the stupid thing for $14 and I don't even look at it. When I did, I realized it sucks. It doesn't give me the specific vertebrae in the spinal column or give a detailed breakdown of each organ. The kidney is broken down into renal medulla and renal cortex. That's it. It did not help me at all when I had to learn about Loop of Henle, distal tubule, proximal tubule, etc. So dumb. Don't buy it. 

1 comment: