Monday, June 25, 2012

Run Forrest Run

I went running on Sunday for the first time in years! It went well. I didn't get dizzy or throw up. I ran around my block multiple times for 30mins and finally figured out I did 3.7km (more than I initially expected!). I was able to run for 10 mins straight for 1.35km without stopping. Then I proceeded to alternate between running and walking. My breathing got a bit weird. Felt like my airway was constricted. My HR was beating at 172. But overall, I'm pleased. It feels really good to run again. I've exercised for over a week now! Hopefully I stick to it. I've also added planks to my ab routine. I used to hate them but the ab exercises I do must be working because I can do planks now. 


I finally have 2 goals for fitness!


1) To be in good enough shape to go running in Hawaii. I have an issue with fainting in hot temperatures. I figure if I get into good shape, then I can do thing like run along the board walk at Waikiki Beach or the Ala Wai Canal. 


2) I would like to be able to run 5 km without stopping. 


Also, I think I'm chipping away at the flab over my ab muscles. All the shorts I bought in Hawaii are actually loose on me now. Maybe I will see abs! That would be exciting. 


Totally irrelevant but this was in the Sunday paper and it made me chuckle

1 comment:

  1. Don't beat yourself up too much about fainting in the heat - I'm a lifelong jock and have always been very fit and I had a summer when I fainted non-stop. Turns out my blood pressure was just way too low and I was anemic! But the 5K goal is definitely an attainable and great goal to have - you can do it!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete