Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Mascara Review

After many many many years of staying committed L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, I decided to try a new mascara. Also, I dropped my mascara wand on the floor. I swabbed it with alcohol swab but it still bothers me a bit. Therefore, a good enough reason to go shopping. The one I decided on is the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express.

Cost: $6 (definitely cheaper compared to other brands)

Wand: Why is there a break in the wand? I find it it leads to poor stability (ie- it's bendy). If one isn't a normal mascara user, this could be hard to use. The bristles on the brush is longer than what I'm used to but I suppose that allows you to apply mascara to all your lashes. 
Formula: A thick but not too thick consistency. About what I expected for a voluminizing mascara. I was still able to curl my lashes with it. 



Results: I'm pleased with the results. Clearly, it doesn't look like I have falsies on, but it works as how I hope a mascara works. It coats my lashes well and thickens/lengthens my short Asian lashes. No smudging/ raccoon eyes and no flaking throughout the day so far. I would buy this mascara again. 

Verdict: Thumbs up

No comments:

Post a Comment