Friday, May 11, 2012

My Current Lifestyle

I've gone through a tumultuous lifestyle over my lifetime. I went from the fat kid in elementary school pushing 140 pounds to the obsessed dieting teen at 96 pounds. My weight's flunctuated multiple times. I've tried eating healthy and counting calories. I've tried running in random spurts over the years. I'm the most athletically inept person you'll ever meet. Even when I was running, the longest I could go without stopping was maybe 20 mins. Now I'd probably throw up and pass out if I ran around the block. I can't catch a ball to save my life. The idea of sports makes me cringe. I can't envision myself working out at a gym.

Nowadays, I'm at that point where I've accepted myself for the way I am. Since then, my weight has pretty much stabilized. I always wondered if that concept of "set point" existed where you settle at your body's natural weight if you didn't do anything. Over the years, I always go back to the same weight I am now. Here is how I live my life.

Diet


- I eat breakfast every morning. It doesn't take much to make me full. Currently, my breakfast is smoothies. I try to have at least 2 servings of fruit/veggies plus some yogurt and milk to blend it. Today my smoothie consisted of blueberries/strawberries, carrots, and apple.
- I tend to snack. A bowl of yogurt here, a granola bar there, a piece of fruit, a spoon of peanut butter, etc.
- Those who know me, know I love chocolate. I pretty much indulge everyday. So good. I probably should indulge less.
- Lunch can be anything. It's different everyday. Sandwiches, noodles, nachos, etc.
- I still live at home. I get a home cooked meal at dinner. That's where I get my carbs, protein, and veggies.
-I stop eating when I'm full... except for noodles. I can eat noodles like no tomorrow.
-I drink a lot of water
-I'm not a fan of meat so I try to go for vegetarian options
-I'm also not a fan of fast food. If I end up eating there, I don't eat a full meal. At Mcd's it's a happy meal or salad, Burger King or A&W will be just a burger (no drink or fries), and Wendy's I order their chilli and maybe small fries.

Exercise
This section definitely could use improvement
- I go for walks everyday. I'm thrilled my dog's healed now.
- I do my ab exercises every other day. I got them from my pilates dvd. The workout looks similar to this pilates workout (youtube) up to 4:25.  I also do Scissors ab exercises. I'm currently doing 3 sets of 12 reps of each type of exercise.

And that is my life.

2 comments:

  1. not much to comment about, but this entry could use a like button. I wouldn't say that you're doing nothing because aside from the chocolate indulgences and the occasional burger, you eat healthy and you exercise pretty much every day.

    If you research it, I think you'll find that your walks burn about as many calories as your efforts at jogging, so go with it.

    keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've generally stuck at the same weight and I really think it comes down to being forgiving to your body, eating well, and working out every once in awhile. As simple as that! So glad you've found happiness with your body!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete