Sunday, February 5, 2012

Meow Meow Meow & Nursing




3. Keiko Lynn shows some tattoos- I looooove tattoos. One time I came across this beautiful photo of a tattoo. I wish I saved it. Across the shoulder blades and down the spine was Psalms 23:4 "...though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...". Beauty.  I have this desire to have my Japanese kanji name on my left shoulder blade. I am 99% sure I will never get it... but there's always that 1% that hopes. 

4. I've been meaning to blog about this for awhile but totally forgot. I was flipping the Canadian Nurse Journal and there was a very interesting article about nursing blogs! Surprisingly... I didn't know these existed. 

Silversides, A. (2012, January 12). Blogging the nursing life. Canadian Nurse, 108(1), p.22-27.

Here are some nursing blogs she recommends (new reading material hooray!). I really like how there's an array of different nursing blogs: 

ORCRN-  Exploring a life shaped by oncology nursing
-atyourcervix- the musings, rantings, and opinions of a labor and delivery nurse...on her path to be a nurse-midwife
Nursestory- blog about nursing, NP's, and health care
Emergiblog- the life and times of an ER nurse
nurseratchedsplace - a psychiatric nursing blog
head-nurse- brain on top, spine down the back (a neurology blog)

Also, I started keeping a list of things I learned in nursing school. I'll post this on my blog at the end of my program. While roaming the internet, I came across an interesting blog called Iamanursingstudent. She no longer blogs but I found it interesting to read through her entries. When she wrote her NCLEX, they scanned her fingerprints! So high tech.



1 comment:

  1. There are blogs for everything, so nursing blogs don't surprise me, but it's fun to find a blog that speaks to you :)

    ReplyDelete