Monday, January 30, 2012

I made a beret slouchy hat for a giant head

Taking a quick break from my studies. Efficient day today! Did 3 loads of laundry, took my dog to the vet, did errands, and now doing hw. 

Ignore the tail. I din't weave it in yet. 

Finis! 

I couldn't figure out how to read the patterns on how to knit a beret (I really really should learn) so I tried to make my own. The needles were definitely too big. I think I'd have success with smaller needles. I cast on 96 stitches with US17 needles. I knit and purled the first inch (or three by the looks of it) and did a basket weave for the rest. I knit 2 purled 2for  the last row and gathered it at the top. Knit the ends together. 

curled my hair with a headband! So ingenious! Mine are just gentle waves because I only kept it in for an hour after I blow-dried my hair. It definitely would have good results if kept in for longer and with hair products. It's also good if you want to curl your hair without heat. 


2. wtf... a 6000 calorie Kidz Breakfast- I swear there's enough food there for a 4 person family at least! 



3 comments:

  1. You're good at knitting - love that new cap and a good colour too. My neighbour gifts my daughter a beret or toque for Christmas. They are always so pretty (makes me wanna "borrow").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I wish I had a crafty bone in my body and was good at knitting because I'd love to create some things for myself, but I'm useless haha.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Canadianpetite & alexandra- thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete