Saturday, September 10, 2011

I need a new face wash

I don't know what it is but I'm getting paranoid about my face. I feel this need to maintain it before I do permanent damage to it.

I need a new face wash. I've come to the conclusion it's too much work for me to use LUSH herbalism. It's good for my skin but when I have to wake up at 5am, the last thing I want to do is stand there for 30 seconds and wasting my time softening my face wash with water. I want the usual face wash that I can just squeeze out of the bottle and apply on my face. But there's so many choices.

I really want to try a product from Kiehl's. When I was in the store, I was drawn to Acai damage minimizing cleanser. I'm not looking for something that's anti-aging but more on damage control. I find school stressful and I want to be able to prevent that from showing on my face. I also got an email from Kiehl's saying I can get a complimentary face trial where a sales associate gives me 3 free samples to help me determine which skin care line would work for me.

I also found acne.org founder Daniel Kern has a skincare line now. It wasn't till this guy that I discovered benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid doesn't do anything for my acne. It still surprises me when people compliment me on my skin. It's far from perfect but my face has calmed down a lot since my teenager/early 20's. It was so bad at the end of Gr.12 that my doctor recommended me to a dermatologist. I can't remember what I was prescribed but it did wonders on my skin. Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to use a face cleanser that targets clear skin. But I find his prices are affordable.

I'm still shopping around and seeing what's out there.


Before and after picture for fun. I'm only wearing eyeliner in the before picture. Hmm now that I've posted this, I probably should've come closer to the camera so you can actually see the difference. Will remember that for next time. Or maybe not use the webcam at all hah.



Face: mark get a tint tinted moisturizer in honey, Smashbox anti-shine, LA minerals oil control powder in medium, LA minerals concealer in Ambient
Cheeks: MAC refined golden bronzer
Eyes: L'oreal lineur intense liquid liner, L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, BH Cosmetics 88 colour shimmer palette, MAC technakohl liner in graphblack
Lips: regular chap stick

I enjoyed watching Xiaxue's before and after youtube video.

Oh. And I'm annoyed. Clearly someone knocked over my makeup because when I opened it, there was a ton of product on top :(

3 comments:

  1. i always feel like i'm looking for a great, affordable face wash.

    your lashes look wonderful by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! And as facewash...Kiehl's have amazing products. The one's that are currently working wonders on my face are St. Ives Green Tea Scrub and L'Oreal Skin Genesis Pore Minimizing Gel Cleanser. The Clinique skin care line is amazing as well. Just wanted to switch it up a bit so I started using the drug store products.

    tc!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great idea to start taking care of your skin early.

    x
    Michelle
    www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete