Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Skincare Routine

I have combination skin. My dry areas are around my mouth, under my nose, and on my temples. My oily areas are my forehead and nose. I'm also prone to breakouts and the enemies consist of: lack of sleeping, eating high-fat foods (junkfood & fast food), drinking caffeine, that time of the month, and touching my face. Oh yeah.. and stress. Freaking stress. Sadly, that's my lifestyle. I will work on it. This is what I'm currently using for my skin.

Morning


LUSH Herbalism, Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer, mark Tinted Moisturizer

LUSH Herbalism- Put a few drops of water and make it a paste. Gently massage onto my face for 20 seconds and rinse off. Leaves my skin feeling nice and soft

Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer- use a pea size amount, moisturizers wonderfully and evenly, bonus of SPF 15. 

mark Tinted Moisturizer in honey/golden- new addition to my skincare routine. Adds a slight glow and absorbs into my skin quickly. I alternate between using this and my Olay moisturizer. 

Makeup Removal

Aveeno lotion, Nivea Gentle Toner for dry and sensitive skin

I use products that aren't actually for makeup removal.. but that's how I use them. I use Aveeno lotion on a cotton pad to remove eye makeup. Then I use the Nivea toner to remove any face products that I've used. I love this toner because it does a great job removing any excess dirt that my face wash missed. It also doesn't sting and make my face red like other cleansers I've tried. 

Evening

LUSH Coalface Cleanser, LUSH Imperialis

LUSH Coalface Cleanser- Lather up like a bar of soap and rinse my face 20x. Does an incredible job getting rid of buildup and oil on my face. However... it does such a good job it sucks the oil right out of my face and makes it feel super tight and dry. I found there was a rebound effect where it made my skin oilier. 

LUSH Imperialis- Hence why I use this overnight. I apply it while my face is slightly damp and my skin just soaks it up. It balances out the drying effects of the LUSH Coalface cleanser. A little goes a long way. I barely graze the lotion with my fingertip and that tends to be enough.

Once a Week

St Ives- Apricot Scrub, The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask

St Ives Blemish & Blackhead Clearing Apricot Scrub- Gently massage over my face to create a clean surface for my mask to work. 

The Body Shop Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask- Put on a nice layer and keep it on for 10 mins. Gently massage it into my skin the same time as I rinse my face. Does a good job purging my face of buildup.

Breakouts

Good ol' benzoyl peroxide. I don't have a brand preference but currently I'm using Clearasil Acne Treatment Cream BP plus. I prefer 5% BP.  

1 comment:

  1. Love the Nivea toner! I only use non-aloholic toners these days as I find the normal ones way too drying as well.

    ReplyDelete