Tuesday, August 9, 2011

AVON Marbleized Bronzer & mark Get a Tint Tinted Moisturizer Review


A few weeks ago, I got the above two products. I tried them out almost every day to determine if I like them or not. Verdict:

Bronzer- *thumbs down*
Tinted Moisturizer- *thumbs up*





AVON Marbleized Bronzer-Bronzed Peach


I'm not sure what I was expecting. I think the problem is that all the bronzers I've ever owned were gold shimmery bronzers so I was expecting something similar. I was hoping this bronzer would be a peachy colour with the blend of the bronze and pink. 

I find it problematic that the bronzer is chalky in colour. 

-no flash-
The bronzer's not very pigmented but when I keep applying more colour, then my face starts looking dirty. 

-flash-
I tried using it for contouring as it shows up a shade darker than my skin tone. It sort of kind of works.

Conclusion: It's too much work for me to work with this bronzer. It's hard to get the right amount on my cheeks and I find I need to keep blending and using other products such as my other bronzer to make it look nice. I will not be repurchasing this. 
However, my bf did say I looked fine. He didn't like my first bronzer because he thought it made me too gold. So maybe this is suited for a more natural toned down look.

mark Get a Tint Moisturizer-Honey/Golden

I use a pea size amount


I pat it into my skin and my skin absorbs it instantly. I like that there's SPF 15 in it. The moisturizering power is so-so. I'm not sure how well it will work in the winter because I find I still need to apply my regular moisturizer on my super dry areas. I set the tinted moisturizer with powder and I find I can wear it the whole day. 

Conclusion: I like it! I have no other tinted moisturizer to compare it against but I'm content with this one. It's light and doesn't make my skin breakout.  The hint of colour works well with my skin tone. I do recommend it. 

I was in a rush and  only had a chance to take one picture which resulted in me looking awkward. 

Face: mark Get a Tint tinted moisturizer in honey/golden, Smashbox anti-shine,  LA Minerals Valley Girl foundation in Med Warm mixed with LA Minerals Oil Control Powder in Medium lightly swept over my face to set the tinted moisturizer
Cheeks: AVON marbleized bronzer in Bronzed Peach
Eyes: L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, L'Oreal lineur intense liquid liner

No comments:

Post a Comment