Friday, April 22, 2011

Vancouver Downtown Eastside Nursing

"What's a rig?"
"It's a needle. You have to catch up on your drug slang."


I was very lucky to get a chance to experience nursing on the downtown eastside. I personally enjoyed it and I'm not sure... maybe it will be something for me to consider when I'm done school. I love love love mental health but I also enjoyed surgical. I found out that within this kind of nursing there's a lot of patient interaction but you still also get opportunities to maintain your technical nursing skills. It's definitely a different realm.

1. Healthcare worker tests positive for HIV & Hep C

2. Newer birth control pills increases risk of clots by x3

3. I don't know who to vote for. I am very politically inept and this is all I know. The Conservatives want to shut down InSite (I personally support InSite and the harm reduction model). The Liberals took our money (Sponsorship Scandal). NDP just sounds like they'll say whatever people want to hear. Soo..... Green Party? Who won't win. So fail. No good alternatives from our minority government. You can also read the ignorant Canadian girl's guide to Election 2011.

4. Soo... how about you try out the ganguro girl look

5. What a real life barbie looks like

No comments:

Post a Comment