Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Hair Routine

My friend asked me what hair products I used. I posted this somewhere but I took pictures this time because it's more fun that way. Lately my hair probably looks like crap because I'm just too tired to care. But I've gotten some compliments on my hair. I owe it a lot to the fact I don't dye my hair. I think dyed hair looks pretty but my hair was fried. Oh and water. Good ol water :) I love hair products. I'm always on the hunt for perfect hair.

The issues I have with my hair are...
-it's light. Any wind causes it to fly everywhere
-I have problems with getting volume. But that's probably more my issue of difficulty styling

The common underlying theme for my hair is combating frizz.


TRESemmé Shampoo & Conditioner (any type under this brand typically prevents my hair from becoming frizzy). I do use a good dollop of conditioner on the ends of my hair.

apple cider vinegar - clarifying shampoo- gets rid of excess residue- use 1x/week

Selsun Blue with Botanicals- OH MY GOD. I finally found anti-dandruff shampoo that works decently. It contains salicylic acid which I didn't realize helps dandruff. Use 2x/week

Shiseido Tsubaki Mask- wring out water out of my hair after shampooing, glop on 2 tbsp and leave on on 5 minutes. Use 1x/week. I would love this to be available in Canada. I have to depend on one of our homestay students to get it for me when they go back to Japan.


Lux Super Rich Shine Treatment- That's what I can read with my poor Japanese. I use this after I condition my hair and wash out after 5 min. Use 1x/week. Another Japanese product I would like to have in Canada. Japan has the best hair products. For reals.

L'Oreal hair treatment with royal jelly. I found the Canadian brand- When I don't have time to dry my hair and do a half-assed job, I put a nickel size amount of this on the lower half of my hair. Helps me control frizz.

If I use hot tools like straightening or curling my hair, here are the products I use.

Chi Silk Infusion- I put this on prior to blowdrying if I'm going to straighten or curl

TRESemmé Heat Tamer Spray- spritz this all over my hair prior to curling/straightening

Pantene Detangler- Light Conditioning Mist- Spritz this in my hair after straightening. I like to think it adds moisture back to my hair.

1 comment: