Saturday, January 29, 2011

Random Ramblings Jan. 29, 2011

I have decided I am obsessed with clean washrooms. I need it to survive and it's the most important room in a house for me. I'm always the most curious about them when I see dream homes or tv shows. By the way, what does it make me when I leave right on the hour for school because I want to see the ending of "Love it or List it"?

1. I just thought this article on the hype about netflix was interesting. I was curious about it since I use Rogers Video Direct. It didn't occur to me you could ever go over your cap limit from downloading.

2. Wow evolution right here!! A zoo gorilla teaches himself to walk upright. Caught this on the news Friday night.

3. Tips for oily hair (that has worked for me)
- avoid touching your scalp
- avoid using styling products on the roots (eg.- I avoid hairspray and mousse)
- rotate your shampoos when you feel your hair is starting to build up (I'm able to alternate between TreSemme and Fructis Garnier)
- use a cleansing or anti-residue shampoo once a week to get rid of the build up
- condition your ends and work your way up but avoid the scalp and hair close to your roots
- sprinkle baking soda in your hair to soak up the oil (sprinkle lightly over scalp and lightly massage into roots, brush out excess)

4. I like this pretty nurberxo's UD Naked Palette Glamorous Look. My bf and I will be going out for dinner so maybe I'll attempt this look & post a picture haha.

5. Not really sure how I feel about Walmart's Geo Girl cosmetics targeted towards 8-12 year olds. Hmm...

6. Coolcanucks BHcosmetics 120 eyeshadow 1st edition palette giveaway. I won a BH 88 shimmer palette & I love the vibrancy of the colours :) Ends Feb. 27, 2011.

7. Miss-rinrin 100ish followers Valentine's Day Giveaway. Ends Feb.5, 2011. I was actually looking at the UD Black Palette at Sephora and it looks sooo nice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested in trying the geogirl makeup. If I had a 8-12 year old, I would not let them wear makeup...!!! Maybe I'll become an old fashioned mother...

    ReplyDelete