Monday, January 24, 2011

2010 Beauty Favourites

Well, today will be a bit different. I got tagged by Bathroom dancer for 2010 beauty favorites. So this will be a full makeup blog.

Which lipstick / lipgloss did you use most often in 2010?

I don't wear lipstick because I have a bad habit of chewing my lips like crazy. So I just use Bonne Belle lip balm.

What was your favorite eyeshadow this year?

Despite my palettes, the one I used the most was Maybelline Natural Smokes quad. Nice neutral colours that can build up for a smokey look.


What product for the complexion (foundation, blush, etc.,) did you use the most?

LAMinerals mineral foundation. I've been recommending this to everyone because I'm so happy that I found a shade that suits my mixed skin tone and doesn't make my skin breakout. The Valley Girl foundation works so well with my oily skin; soaks up my oil like a sponge.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips- Gives me a nice natural healthy looking glow everytime and so easy to use.

Your favorite nail polish color of 2010?

I give myself a French Manicure once every few months but that's it. I'm convinced nail polishes don't oxygenate my nails and it makes them weaker.

Which skin care product would you not give up under any circumstances?

Spectro Jel for Blemish Prone Skin. I've gone through 5 bottles of these and it's the one face cleanser that's managed to keep my skin under control for the most part.

What is your favorite personal care product?

Tsubaki shining treatment. I received this from a Japanese friend and I use it as a once a week hair treatment. It rehydrates my hair and makes it very soft. I'm almost out and it's not available in Canada so... don't know what I'm going to do after :(

Your usually worn fragrance in 2010?

I LOVE Escada perfume. It has a yummy fruity scent that made me smell like a tropical fruit like mangoes. Too bad everyone around me is now allergic to perfume or I'm in a fragrance free area :(

What was your personal favorite jewelry piece?

Ben Moss ring that my bf gave me. I was going to buy it for myself but he beat me to it.

What have you discovered in 2010 that is new for you (new products, inspirations, blogs, hobbies, etc.,)?

I suppose blogging about the random stuff I find online. Oh, and the beauty of contests and giveaway that gives me a chance to snag free beauty products :)

Do you have resolutions for 2011? If so, what are they?

1. Don't quit nursing school & finish my 2nd year
2. Blog for 365 days this year
3. Limit my sugar intake
4. Keep my room clean
5. Donate to charity

So far I've failed on #3 and #4.

Feel free to put this beauty favourites on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment