Thursday, December 30, 2010

Smooth Away Review



I'm guessing a lot of people have seen the infomercials for Smooth Away, the pads that supposedly removed hair. Curiousity got the best of me and I went out and bought it.

Price: Too much. It cost me $16. I bought these at the beginning of this year so maybe the price has gone down since then. Or maybe the price is justifiable because you do get 2 applicators and 10 pads with it; the pads are reusable.



It comes with a nice warning to tell you to read the directions before use. I highly recommend you do this as it tells you how to prep your skin and how to use it. In a nutshell, circle clockwise 3x, circle counterclockwise 3x. If you don't do this, it doesn't work. And I didn't need to apply too much pressure. The pads feel kind of like sandpaper; it exfoliates the skin in the process.

It works! The concept still fazes me because I don't understand how it actually removes the hair.

Here's a demonstration on my furry arm. I did it 3x clockwise and counterclockwise.


(Before)


(after)

So if you see, all the hair wasn't removed after the first rotation. But you just keep circling and within a couple minutes, the hair will be gone. I didn't want to keep going because I usually leave my furry arms alone. It leaves a gray residue behind which I'm guessing is dead skin but you can easily wash that off.

Pros: It works! It removes hair as they advertised. Relatively painless unless you have supersensitive skin.
Cons: The hair grows back as fast as when you shave.

Would I buy it again? Probably not. Why? Shaving's faster and has the same results. But if you want to try out of curiousity, I say go for it to see it for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. You're hilarious.
    If anything, if I ever really neeeed to do any sort of hair removal, i'd just go for Nair :p
    -Glenda

    ReplyDelete