Sunday, December 26, 2010

Random Ramblings

Perhaps I come up with something more creative for the title?

1. Lately I've been having random red itchy hives break out on my body. I must be allergic to something. They go away after an hour. Sometimes I take benadryl. Last night, I tried putting coconut oil. It seemed to do the trick because I was able to fall asleep.

2. Or maybe the above has something to do with the winter weather because it's playing havoc on my hair. It's oily at the roots and I'm having a huge problem with dandruff. Occasionally, I sprinkle baking soda in my hair and massage it into my scalp right before I shower. It does the trick... for one day :( However, my friends suggested I try an anti-residue shampoo. I headed over to Walmart and found Live Clean Apple Cider Vinegar Clarifying Shampoo. Umm... how FANTASTIC is this stuff? IT'S GREAT. It got rid of the oiliness and my hair felt so squeaky clean. It somewhat keeps my dandruff at bay. It says it's good to use everyday if you have oily hair but I keep it to twice a week. I'm a bit hesistant about using this kind of product on my hair everyday.

3. I'm on a knitting frenzy right now. I used these youtube videos to learn how to cast on, knit & bind off.

4. My boyfriend got me a bunch of nice clothes for Christmas but no NARS blush! I kept hinting and hinting about the NARS orgasm blush and he flat out told me not to get my hopes up for makeup. Boo. However, I'm very happy with the clothes as I usually have nothing to wear for fancy occasions. I hate clothes shopping. I got money from my parents for Christmas to buy black knee boots. I want them but at the same time, I hate shoe shopping as well. At least I have something in mind.

5. MakeitupCaanada did a video on Makeup Boxing Day Sales

6. I used to think French Manicures were ugly but now I have fallen in love with them. Truth be told, I'm too cheap to get my nails done by someone else. So of course, I learned from youtube. Julieg713 made a French Tip Manicure video. I found her method the easiest way. It takes a lot of practice and patience but once you're used to it, easy peasy lemon squeezy :) It's easier for me when I grow out my nails so I use my natural nails as an outline. I can't wait as I usually leave it bare during school for clinicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment