Friday, December 17, 2010

How to Cut Your Own Hair

Guess what I did?!

Cut my own hair!! I would post a picture but it looks almost the same as before. I trimmed it and added very subtle layers to the front. My bangs had grown out but it was obvious against my long hair. Now they look more blended in with the layers. I'm quite happy that I didn't butcher my hair. As always, I learned from youtube. I loved this video because my hair is a few inches shorter than hers and she has the hairstyle that I like.


Rosebud143


Here is what I learned.

1. She's right. Straighten your hair beforehand so it's easier to see the ends. I didn't and I was playing a bit of a guessing game.
2. I wet my hair a bit by using a comb that I ran through water so it's easier for the scissors to cut.
3. It's awkward to see your hair at that angle.
4. BE PATIENT!!
5. I lined my floor with newspaper for easier cleanup.
6. Have a mirror so you can see the back of your hair to see if it's even.

1 comment:

  1. OMG... I can't believe you did that! LOL You are so brave. I'd be way too scared. Had enough history with bad hair cuts.. hahaha

    ReplyDelete