Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 in a nutshell


1. Finished my first year of nursing. Learned to care for two patients, give all meds except IV push (my first injection!!!), do simple dressing changes, monitor IV therapy and experienced sub-acute and surgical ward.

2. Experienced the joy of the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics.

3. Donated blood and realized I'm not a prime candidate since I pass out easily and my body doesn't seem to want to give up my blood (the nurses could barely get anything).

4. Went to the Philippines & reconnected with my Filipino heritage. Saw a billion relatives. Attempted to teach myself Tagalog but failed.

5. Had my graduation ceremony for my BA in Psychology.

6. Went to Harisson Hot Springs as a graduation present and Victoria for a wedding.

7. Went through traumatic experience of having my cat wear a cone for 30+ days because the hole in her leg from surgery wouldn't heal.

8. Had my annual gingerbread house making tradition with my high school ladies.

9. Was unemployed for a whole year.

10. Discovered the joy of contests & giveaways and with commitment in entering, won several beauty products.

No comments:

Post a Comment