Sunday, August 8, 2010

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler Review

I have pin straight eyelashes. I should embrace what God has given me, but I don't like them. I love the look of long curled lashes. One day, I will try out falsies but for now, I curl my lashes. I used to have an eyelash curler from some cheap makeup set and it lasted me for years. But then stores stopped supplying eyelash curler paddings. I read from somewhere that it doesn't matter what kind of eyelash curler you buy; they all perform the same way. I bought a Revlon one but unfortunately, the curler was too large for my Japanese eyes. I bought a cheap London Drugs one and the padding wouldn't sit properly on the eyelash curler so one side of my eyelashes would be bent. Turns out, that statement, that all curlers work the same, is crap.

Oneday when I was walking by Sephora, I saw the Shu Uemura eyelash curler. I looked up reviews on makeupalley.com and they were good. I was also a bit miffed about the price. Was I really going to spend $24 ish on an eyelash curler? After about 5 months, I did (Yeps. Sucked it up with that London Drugs one but was frustrated on a daily basis). AND I LOVE IT. I wasted money buying those other ones. When I opened the box, I was happy to see that it came with an extra padding. The motion of the curler was nice and smooth. It fits my eyes well and was able to reach the base of my lashes (perhaps because it's a Japanese brand?). And it does a great job curling my eyelashes and cut my curling time by a lot. It should take less than a minute to curl lashes but for some reason, I was battling up to 5 min with my other curlers; my lashes would not curl with them. I'm thrilled to pieces with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler :) I hear it'll last for years if you take care of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment