Sunday, August 1, 2010

Couture-nerd scam?

I was doing my usual contest twitters when I noticed the couture-nerd link didn't work. I looked around online a bit and found out their twitter, facebook, blog, and youtube sites were gone. I found this article on networkingwitches.com. Long story short, couture-nerd was copying and pasting articles without sourcing and it seems that their contests were too good to be true (?). Sad times. I deleted any of my posts and twitters related to couture-nerd.

If I'm able to find anything else from couture-nerd's side of the story, I will update.

5 comments:

  1. i got sucked in, too. i acutally "won" a macy's gc from them and they sent me two meal passes for a restaurant that doesn't exist in my part of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks that you invest your time and effort for the contests just to win something else or nothing at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting that. I am actually fuming mad because I literally entered over 500 entries in order to win two of their giveaways I really wanted. Is there anyway I can file some kind of complaint or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure what you can do. But check out the comments in the link I posted. There are a lot of people who are in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm just now finding this post almost a year after you posted it and wow. i never would have guessed that! Couture-nerd actually contacted me hoping to give me a job working with their website/blog; i guess that's why i never got it... :(

    ReplyDelete